A few weeks ago, I asked you to take a survey about your intimates – what bra size you wear, where you purchase lingerie most often, how much you’re willing to pay for a bra/undie, etc. I would have been happy with 10 responses; I received more than 350! You guys – errr ladies! – are the best! Before I get to my thoughts, I’ll share a few of the results:
- 83% most commonly purchase lingerie at department stores while 27% purchase from independent brands/retailers. Online 18% buy online.
- More than 50% buy between 2-4 panties per bra purchase
- Almost 80% wear underwire bras
- Only 10% purchase bras and panties as a set
- 54% are only willing to spend $50 or less on a bra while 34% would pay max $74
- 65% are only willing to spend $10 or less on a pair of panties while 29% are would pay max $19
- 59% are more likely to buy lingerie if it is made from organic or sustainable fabric, even if it is more expensive
I’ve been thinking about the results since I first read them because what I thought to be true totally isn’t! You threw me for a loop with this one! Most wear underwired bras; I sew soft bras. Most purchase lingerie at department stores; I am online only. Most buy more panties than bras; I’ve given little thought to my underwear design, which I wrote about here.
So, as you can tell, there’s a lot more for me to think about! While I do so, would you answer one question for me? Only if you’re willing, of course. My question is for larger chested ladies. What would it take to convince you to buy a soft bra? A testimonial? You can email me if you don’t want to share in the comments.