I think it’s a misconception that washing your intimates is difficult. What’s so hard about filling up a tub or a sink and letting bra, ralettes and undies soak for 30 minutes? Sure, it takes more time than throwing into a washing machine, and I believe this is the reason people avoid it. Been there, done that. You may think that out of all the people in this world, I would give treat my underoos with some serious TLC. I do, most of the time, but I also admit to taking the shorter route and machine wash. I always hang to dry though – the dryer is the ultimate sin and where most of the damage occurs. when I’m a good girl and make a pile throughout the week of my dirty intimates and then take the time to wash them “correctly”, it does feel good. Like I’m not contributing to an early death. You can quote me, lingerie CAN last more than the 6 months if you care for them properly.
If you didn’t see on Instagram, I am excited to announce that with every Madalynne purchase, you’ll receive one Delicate Wash packet from The Laundress. Each one is an herbal cirtrus blend of rich amber, bergamot, lavender, and musk. It’s not overwhelming and makes the process of washing undies more pleasant. Like when you light a candle after a long night. I’ve used their products before and have been a huge fan since day one. As part of our new offering, I’m going to show you a tutorial on how to use one of their packets if hand washing. The directions are written on the back of every one, so no need to take notes ;
1. Fill up a sink, tub or bathtub with tepid water. As water is running, tear open packet and empty it into the water.
2. Put your intimates into the sink or tub. Leave enough room to “swoosh” them around. In the sink in the photos, I was able to get 3 bras in 1 load.
3. Let your bras soak for 30 minutes.
4. Hang or lay flat to dry. You can hang over a shower curtain, hang on a hanger, or lay them on a towel.
1. Fill up washer, then tear open packet and pour in.
2. Put your intimates into the washer, preferably in a mesh bag like this one.
3. Use a delicate washing cycle.
4. Hang or lay flat to dry just as in hand washing, step 4.
You can also watch this video on how to use.
Some more fun facts about The Laundress Delicate Wash:
Made in the USA, non toxic and eco friendly.
Ingredients: Plant-derived anionic and nonionic surfactants, stain-fighting and cleaning enzymes (protease, amylase, lipase), mineral-derived cleaning enhancers (sodium gluconate and calcium chloride), essential oils, and fragrance.
Free of petroleum, phosphate, phthalates, and artificial color.
Cruelty-free. No animal by-products.
All The Laundress products are tested on Gwen & Lindsey.
Stay tune for more Madalynne X The Laundress collabs. In the meantime, hop on over to the webshop to get your Madalynne Intimates.