A lady can never have too many shoes, fabric or bags. Join Isabella Felix of Sewing Lessons in Redwood City to learn industry bag making and designing techniques. Learn how to work with faux leather and complete a fully-lined, beautifully finished tote bag and a coordinating zipper pouch. Full details below.
DATE, TIME AND LOCATION
Sunday, May 31 from 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM at Madalynne Studios in Philadelphia
Each students will made a faux leather, fully-lined tote bag and a coordinating zipper pouch.
- identifying different bag shapes and styles
- construction methods
- assembling linings and installing purse hardware
- tips for working with leather-like materials
- how fabrics of different weights can work well together
- perfecting your topstitching and sewing skills
- how to install a zipper, 2 ways
- hardware: magnetic snaps, d-rings, swivel snap clips
- the makings of a unique, professional looking bag (finishing touches – zipper tabs, pulls, etc)
Beginner. If you know how to sew a straight stitch on the sewing machine you are good to go. We will provide lots of guidance and hand-holding, every step of the way.
All supplies are included in class fee.
This will not be an ordinary class; it will be a workshop event. There’s a lot of extras that go into the day. Just some of what you can expect include a lunch, treats, refreshments, photo ops and more.
Refunds are not available. If you are unable to attend, I suggest selling your ticket on Instagram or Twitter using the hashtag #bramakingwithmadalynne. We reserve the right to cancel the workshop if the minimum number of students is not reached (in which case students will receive a full refund).
Traveling from out of town and need accommodation recommendations? Not a problem! Email me when you register and I’ll set you up with the best places to stay, eat, visit and shop around Philadelphia.