Never sewn swimwear but want to dive into the world of making your own bathing suits? This virtual class in for you! Over the course of two sessions, learn the fundamentals of swimwear that will set you up to move onto more intricate and complicated projects. Students will learn about different fabrics and trims for swimwear, how to measure themselves and minor pattern adjustments for swimwear, cutting, and more. In the final session, students will sew and the Lawren (a size-inclusive style available in sizes XS-4XL and cup sizes A-H), from start to finish!
1. Types of swimwear fabrics, linings, trims, and stitching
2. Swimwear versus other LYCRA/spandex fabrics
3. Nipple show through and ways to prevent
4. Finding your size
5. Direction of greatest stretch (DOGS)
6. Cutting out your pattern + fabric
7. Pattern adjustments
8. Favorite tools
1. Sewing the Lawren one piece from start to finish. The Lawren is a form-fitting, semi-sheer one piece with princess seams and a waist seam to accommodate difference bust sizes and torso lengths. The Lawren can have optional sheer panels at the center front and the side bottom. No sheer panels will offer more coverage.
Additional supplies students will need – polyester thread and microtex/sharp needle, rotary cutter, scissors sewing machine with a straight and zig zag stitch (serger is optional).
Lawren PDF pattern is not included in cost and must be purchased separately here.
DIY kit is NOT included in cost and must be purchased separately here.
All videos are pre-recorded, so you can watch at any time and from anywhere. Videos never expire.
Beginner sewing knowledge is required.
Refunds are not available.