DIY Bodysuit: Covid-19 Style
This Tuesday, I had a lot to do, but was in no mood to do it. On my list of tasks for the day was packing + shipping orders, cutting out the sample for the next DIY lingerie kit, prepping for an IG Live, answering customer emails, and more. I have been self quarantined for over a month. I’m thankful that the online shop has been doing well, but it gets lonely in the studio + shop without students coming in for open sews at night, workshops on weekends, and other people coming in and out. I could feel my mood and motivation go on the downward slope. I needed a little pick me up… a little self care. So, I put everything aside and made myself a bodysuit. Damn, it felt good to sew something for myself. A super quick sewing project, like 2 hours flat, it was exactly the pick me up I needed. The next day, I wore it with my favorite pair of jeans, and it was the perfect casual outfit. Didn’t even need to wear a bra! Best part? All fabric + trims came from my stash (AKA: inventory), which means if you want to make one, you can!
Fabric: Italian rose flocked stretch mesh for the front and black stretch mesh for the back. Both were lined with beige stretch mesh. I used the black stretch mesh for the back because the direction of stretch on the Italian rose flocked mesh was going up and down. So, I needed stretch going around the body in the back in order to move comfortably.
Italian rose flocked stretch mesh can be purchased here along with other all over laces
Beige and black stretch mesh can be purchased here along with all other lining fabrics
Trims: Neckline, armholes and leg openings finished with picot panty elastic.
Picot panty elastic can be purchased here along with all other lingerie elastics and trims
Pattern: Madalynne X Simplicity 8435 bodysuit. It is a discontinued pattern, but as of the date of this posting, there are still a few left in stock! I cut a size XS and sewed the thong version (View B).
All Madalynne X Simplicity and PDF patterns can be purchased here.
Pattern Alterations: Hardly any! The only change I made was eliminating the center front button placket and replacing with a v-neck opening, which was finished with picot panty elastic.