How To Wash Your Lingerie in a Salad Spinner
Lingerie hack!! Did you ever think you could use your salad spinner to wash your lingerie? You can! Salad spinners are a small tub that contain an inner basket which holds your leafy greens or in this case, intimate underthings. Essentially, it’s a mini washing machine. If your washing machine is broken and you got some dirty undies that need a cleaning STAT, or if you live somewhere that doesn’t have a washing machine and you don’t feel comfortable washing your underoos in a public setting (AKA laundromat), try this simple hack. It’s not a time efficient method (I only suggest doing 1 underwire bra, 2 bralettes or 1-3 undies at a time), but it gets the job done.
- Fill up your salad spinner a third of the way with water
- Add 2-3 tablespoons of detergent
- Gently rotate the handle to spin the lingerie and water inside
- Pour out the water and rinse until the water runs clear
- Remove your underwear and lay flat to dry
*If you have stains, you can presoak or use a spot removal before washing